1 piece chicken breast, 8oz, pounded to an even thickness
3 piece green onion, chopped into thirds
2 tbsp. low-sodium gluten-free soy sauce
2 tsp grape-seed oil
2 tbsp. Ideal Protein Oriental Sesame Sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp red chili flakes
3 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp. lime juice
1 pinch salt, or more to taste
1 pinch ground pepper, or more to taste
For the snap pea slaw:
1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded (about ½ small head)
1/2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced vertically
1 piece celery, thinly sliced
1/2 piece green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Place chicken breast in a large zip lock bag with the green onions then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, grapeseed oil, IP Oriental Sesame Sauce, fresh ginger, garlic and lime juice in a bowl then whisk to combine.
- Reserve 1/3 cup marinade then pour the remaining marinade in the bag with the chicken and green onions. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 5 hours.
- Preheat pan then place chicken in pan. Cook 3-4 minutes a side with the lid closed.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine red cabbage, snow peas, celery, and green onions in a large bowl then toss with reserved marinade. Taste then add extra lime juice, salt and pepper if necessary. Top chicken with slaw and serve.