- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 tsp oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.