- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 6 slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) tuna steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Pinch cinnamon
- 5 pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves or broccoli florets, steamed, or other steamed select vegetable
Place the sweet potato in a microwave-safe dish with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes until cooked.
Meanwhile, mix the garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of the tuna steak. Heat the oil in a cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add the tuna and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Drain and mash the sweet potato. Stir in the butter, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the tuna. Sprinkle the pecans over the sweet potato. Serve with the spinach.