- 1 Whole chicken (6-7 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp Walden pancake syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lb Turnip, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots sliced (phase 4 only)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cups of broccoli chopped
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes until the skin begins to turn a light golden color.
2. In small bowl, mix Walden Farms syrup, mustards, salt & pepper. Set 2 Tbsp of mustard mix aside, then brush remaining over chicken.
3. Put chicken back in the oven and roast for another 30-40 minutes or until the juices run clear.Take chicken out of oven to rest while you cook veggies.
4. Toss the diced turnips and carrots together with olive oil and roast in a baking dish at 375 for 20-30 mins. Once the vegetables soften, add broccoli and stir all veggies together with the 1-2 Tbsp saved mustard mix. Road another 15 mins. Cut chicken into pieces and place on top of vegetable mixture. Put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables and chicken are tender and hot.