- 1/3 cup of sugar free mustard powder
- 3 Tbsp of sugar free pancake syrup
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine first 7 ingredients. Spoon half mixture into a zip-lock bag and reserve the remaining mixture for dipping sauce.
2. Add chicken to bag. Put in fridge for 2 – 6 hours. Sprinkle with sea salt before cooking.
3. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Also preheat a large cast iron or metal skillet on medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of Olive Oil. In skillet, brown chicken on one side, turn over and place skillet in oven. (If skillet cannot be used in oven, transfer chicken into a baking pan.) Cook for 20-25 minutes, or chicken reaches 165 degrees & juice is clear.
4. This chicken is excellent on its own with steamed veggies, or carved up and added to salads with mustard based dressings.
5. Can also be cooked on a BBQ, and tastes good served hot or cold.