- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and de veined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about two lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 3 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 whole plum tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, seeds and vein removed, minced
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Chop the shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon and lime juice to combine. Pour 1/2 cup of the citrus juice over the shrimp and toss to combine. Allow the shrimp to marinade in the juice for 15 minutes.
Add the tomato, jalapeño, jicama, cilantro and red onion to the shrimp. Toss the ingredients to combine and allow to marinade for an additional 10 minutes. Add remaining juices. Season the ceviche with salt and pepper, to taste.